Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Brain theory according to me



        Much research has been conducted by intellects through various medical and educational fields to analyze the development of a child's brain. Being a teacher and a mother, I often read books and articles and of course observe many changes in a child's thought process and intellectual development. I find it fascinating! However I have yet to read an article about the theory I have personally experienced: When a child's brain begins to develop, the fetus steals a portion of the mother's brain stem to form their own. Why haven't medical geniuses stumbled upon this theory?
       While carrying my first child, one of many examples of this theory being displayed by my behavior involved what should have been a simple trip to McDonald's to get a breakfast sandwich. I placed my order, preceded to the first window to pay for my sandwich and then drove off! I was nearly a half mile down the road before I realized I was starving and did not have my breakfast sandwich. I then had to go back to McDonald's to get my sandwich. I completely messed up the drive-thru line! This is not common behavior for me. The logical explanation is that this was the day my oldest began to develop his brain, by taking a piece of mine.
        The day my youngest began to develop his brain, I was on my way to a seminar. Yet again, I had drive-thru food. I had a taco I was finishing up on my way to an evening lector inspiring me to be a school leader. There was a small dumpster outside of the building that allowed me to stash my trash prior to going into the seminar. After listening, note-taking and sitting for a long period of time, I was ready to head home. Unfortunately I could not locate my car keys anywhere! I traced my steps and searched my belongings. My keys were nowhere to be found. Then it hit me, could I have thrown them in the dumpster with my Taco Bell bag? So there I am dumpster diving outside of an academic building that was attempting to teach me to be a leader. Luckily I retrieved the bag, located the keys in the bag and headed home. Dumpster diving is not a typical activity in which I participate. Obviously my child was developing his brain this day.
        Family, friends and colleagues, as you work with me over the next semester, please understand that you are liable to witness me do something completely absurd or forget what I am supposed to be doing altogether. Don't be alarmed, my unborn child is just developing his/her brain. I should be back to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment